Your wedding day is one of the most important ones in your life, and it is one that you will remember forever. It is very special, and that's why all brides always plan everything to perfection to make the day as perfect as it can be.
And something that all brides think is one of the most important things about their wedding is their dress. The bride has to love the dress in order for her wedding to be perfect; the dress really is the most special part of the wedding.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of brides that have found it extremely hard to find the perfect wedding dress, for one reason or another. They look in many different stores, try on thousands of wedding dresses of different styles and all of that with no result.
Eventually they do find a wedding dress that they like, but that doesn't make all the time they spent looking come back or the stress they went through disappear. If you are worried that you will have to go through that, I have good news for you.
You don't have to stress yourself out. You can be one of those brides that enjoyed the hunt for their wedding dress. So, to help you out and save you some time and stress, here are the DOs and DON'Ts of choosing your wedding dress:
• Focus your attention on finding the best wedding dress silhouette for you before anything else. Details are very important, but finding a dress that looks good on you is essential. After you know which silhouette fits you best, you can focus on the details like embroidery, fabric, etc. There's no point in buying a dress that has beautiful details if it doesn't help your body look its best.
• Bring your camera. Of course, only if the boutique allows it. Bringing your camera is good so you don't put all your eggs in the basket called "mirror". It is also a great way to have an idea of how you will look on pictures on the actual wedding day.
• Try on as many dresses as you need to. Try to resist snap judgement because some of the dresses that look bad on a hanger might be the ones that you will look the best in. Just like it takes plenty of time and tries to find a husband, it takes plenty of time and tries to find your wedding dress.
• Wear a very nice bra when you try on wedding dresses. When you go wedding dress hunting, you are going to spend a lot of time in your undergarments. And looking at your nice bra will help you stay more positive than if you're wearing an old one. It could even boost the look of your boobs in the dresses.
• Ask yourself as many questions as you want while you are trying the dresses on. "Do I feel beautiful, confident and comfortable? Can I dance in this dress? Can I sit in it?" are questions you should always have a positive answer to in order for a dress to be the one.
•Schedule your appointment late in the day. When you are one of the –especially the– earliest bride in the boutique, you will deal with fresh staff that haven't had to deal with the doubts and concerns of another million brides.
•Forget about the top of your wedding dress. All brides love and look gorgeous with dresses that have a fancy hem, but remember that the top of it is what people notice the most and what show in most of the pictures.
•Choose a dress because it is on trend. You may want a style that is very trendy now, but be conscious that it might not be in a few years. A wedding dress should be timeless, and one you can look at years later on the photo album and still love.
•Try too many wedding dresses. I know, I just said that you can try as many as you need, but the key word here is "need". When you have potential options try them all, but you don't have to try more than you want to because this can confuse and even stress you.
•Feel like you have to bring a crowd with you. TV shows make it look like you should, but if you pay attention to them, you will notice that too many opinion always end up in disaster. If you do want to bring a big group that's fine, but be prepared to hear all kinds of comments on every dress you try.
•Freak out about the sizing. Most wedding dresses run two or three sizes larger that regular clothing. So don't pay attention to what the tag says. Focus completely on how the dress looks on you, the size doesn't matter, it is just a number.
These DOs and DON'Ts are super easy to follow. But the most important thing is your taste and that you like the dress. If you like it, then you are not making any mistake in buying it, the key is that you feel beautiful in it.
It is also important that you enjoy your hunt for a wedding dress. It can be a great experience that you will remember and cherish forever. It is the perfect time to unite with your female family and/or friends. So don't stress out because it will make the experience not so memorable.
Don't forget that eventually you will find your perfect dress, all brides do. So never feel sad that you won't find it, and never ever buy a dress if you don't absolutely love it and because you feel like you wouldn't find a better one. There is always a better one.
So basically, just be sure that you follow those DOs and DON'Ts because if you do, it is almost guaranteed that you will have a successful wedding dress hunt that you will enjoy almost as much as the day that you will wear the dress you buy.
Abdul Bari Chanessra